Nursing Faculty - Simulation Instructor - Full Time
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a Full-Time Nursing Faculty - Simulation Instructor.
The Simulation Instructor serves as educational support to the Clinical Operations to ensure excellence in Immersive Patient Care Management Simulation learner experience, and in scenario design, facilitation and debriefing methodology and techniques.
NOTE: This is at our main campus at 33rd and Camelback in Phoenix, Arizona.
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Serve as primary educational support for Clinical Simulation Educational Activities
- Proactively coordinate in advance with the Assistant Dean and Director of Lab to schedule activities and manage equipment and supplies for each activity
- Oversee all training processes and ensures systems and equipment are enabled to meet the learning outcomes
- Collaborative participation in scenario design, evaluation, implementation into curriculum, and provision of experience to learners
- Lead provision of entire scenario experience, facilitation and debriefing for learner(s)
- Lead trial, validation, and evaluation processes for implementation of scenarios as a part of curriculum
- Orient, coordinate and direct Simulation Technician, actors, volunteers and faculty prior to each scenario experience, facilitation and debriefing
- Ensure and maintain standards for operations, scenario design, facilitation, and debriefing in alignment with specified immersive simulation training programs policies and procedures
- Coordinate and assist designated faculty with concurrent and/or retrospective video annotation, data capture and creation of outcome tracking, results and reports
- Coordinate with Simulation Technician to confirm pre-programming of manikin simulators, task trainers, AV, & data collection are ready for each experience use
- Coordinate with Simulation Technician to confirm designated pre-sets, staging, and disposable supplies for each scenario are ready for immediate use
- Ensure Faculty & Learners are oriented to capabilities, limitations, safety & proper use of all simulation manikins, trainers, AV, and equipment
- Manage Clinical Simulation Educational Activity Related Supplies & Equipment
- Provide technical and operational support for AV systems, data collection systems, Human Patient Simulator systems, computer systems, and task trainer systems
- Manage clinical simulation educational activity during practice, rehearsal, and research as it pertains to Immersive Patient Care Management simulation scenarios, skills and task training, standardized patient encounters, and conference sessions according to standardized methodology and techniques and policy and procedure
- Provide reports or feedback to didactic faculty on student progress or outcomes
- Attend required faculty meetings and participate in committees
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends as required by business needs
What you need:
- Master’s degree (MSN) from a CCNE/NLNAC or ACEN accredited program
- Must have active, current, and unencumbered Arizona RN license
- Two years related experience in healthcare, clinical healthcare education, or healthcare simulation education
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Icing on the Cake:
- Previous experience facilitating immersive simulation
- Previous experience with simulation debriefing and strategies
- Previous experience collaborating in immersive simulation scenario design, evaluation and implementation into curriculum
- Contemporary lab competence and knowledge about simulation both high fidelity and virtual reality as evidenced by relevant continuing education and professional organization affiliation
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!