Nursing Faculty - Pediatrics
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Full-Time Faculty member for Pediatrics. Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a 12-month ground position at our Phoenix campus located at 33rd and Camelback Road.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching undergraduate students on the Phoenix campus Monday-Friday 8-5 (or comparable period).
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Teach one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum to facilitate and engage students in the learning process
- Compile, administer and grade examinations, complete exam reviews/analysis, assignments, discussion forums and participation meeting prescribed deadlines
- Assist students outside of the classroom hours and actively mentor students which may include additional sessions for student success
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations in collaboration with course faculty
- Remain current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise
- Required to maintain the equivalent of a four-course load (16 credit hours)
What you need:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred
- 3 years minimum as a registered nurse.
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience in a pediatric setting
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#faculty #nursing #pediatrics #hiring