Nursing Accreditation Coordinator
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University.
Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Nursing Accreditation Coordinator. This position is responsible for ensuring on-going compliance with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accreditation standards and individual state boards of nursing regulatory requirements for all nursing programs in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP).
In this position, you will serve as CONHCP’s project manager for new nursing program and/or site development as it relates to accreditation & state board of nursing compliance, work with the University’s State Compliance Administrator, will serve as the point of contact to state regulatory entities, conduct research into new states as needed for any nursing program and provides all requirements necessary to ensure state and accreditation compliance, collaborate and assist the University’s State Compliance Administrators on all accreditation and regulatory reports and work collaboratively with CONHCP’s Coordinator of Strategic Accreditation Initiatives and University Accreditation Administrators to provide research and information as needed for any CONHCP program that may lead to licensure and certification.
- Work collaboratively with Associate/Assistant Dean, Directors, Coordinator of Strategic Accreditation Initiatives, University Accreditation Administrators, State Compliance Administrators, and Program Faculty Leads on all current and new nursing or healthcare program accreditation and regulatory projects.
- Serves a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CCNE accreditation and state regulations in conjunction with the University State Compliance Administrator.
- Research, gather, analyze, and assist CONHCP leadership with interpretation of CCNE accreditation standards and State Board of Nursing regulations.
- Assist the State Compliance Administrator in the preparation, analysis, audit, and submission of data required to meet accreditation and regulatory obligations.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations and strategic business objectives.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders regarding the impact of regulatory requirements on business objectives.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to ensure compliance requirements are communicated and implemented.
- Maintain record of relevant data related to the college’s accreditation and regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, authorizations, special requirements, renewal dates, regulatory changes, operational decisions, and regulatory interpretations.
- Respond to inquiries for planning and enrollment purposes.
- Provides support to State Compliance Administrators and college leadership in resolving student issues related to certification, credentialing, and licensure.
- Consistently communicate with college leadership regarding the progress and status of all projects.
- Participate in college/university committees and professional activities that enhance the academic program, the college and the university.
- Provide a positive example to students, faculty, and staff by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing required (MSN).
- Minimum of 5 years’ nursing experience as an RN required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant leadership/management experience preferred.
- Active, current, unencumbered Arizona or Multistate nursing license.
- Prior experience working with accreditation and/or regulatory bodies preferred.
- Experience working in cross-departmental collaborative teams.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Valid Driver’s License and driving record which meets university guidelines.
- Highly effective communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- Demonstrate congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Demonstrate respect communication and ability to work on a diverse team.
- Strong knowledge of educational process and procedure as related to the health care professions.
- Strong ability to plan and execute projects with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to problem-solve, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications).
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, integrity, initiative, and resilience.
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office Suite.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.