Non-Profit Accounting Manager
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Non-Profit Accounting Manager. The Non-Profit Accounting Manager will help to ensure compliance and adherence to policies and government regulations and will assist with preparation of various audit support schedules, tax schedules and financial statements. Working under general guidance, the Non-Profit Accounting Manager will be responsible for properly accounting for non-profit activities including grants, donations, pledges and other related transactions.
- Overseeing the review of the monthly budget variance reports for all departments within the University.
- Managing the tracking of various program and non-program expenses, and donor-restricted and unrestricted assets.
- Accounting for net assets as it relates to various scholarship funds and endowments.
- Supporting and overseeing all audits (e.g., NCAA, annual financial, grant, gifts, etc.), as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Form 990.
- Assisting with preparation of the annual financial statements.
- Evaluating and properly recording Sponsorship Agreements and reconciling them to the general ledger.
- Reviewing grant and donation documentation and providing feedback to stakeholders on accounting and financial reporting impacts.
- Making recommendations regarding policies, processes, workflow, software systems, etc. to ensure optimum efficiency of University non-profit operations.
- Maintaining grant agreements by working closely with the Grant Accountant to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Coordinating fundraising activities and gifts received closely with the University Advancement Department and the Grant Accountant to ensure they are identified and tracked for reporting purposes.
- Responsible for reviewing the University tuition & fee tables, scholarships and other related information in the University Handbook and the University website for content accuracy; must document review and approval to publish.
- Responsible for reviewing certain purchase requisitions as defined by the delegation of authority policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a regionally accredited institution
- CPA strongly preferred.
- 4 years’ work experience in nonprofit accounting. Work experience for a nonprofit University is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with federal grants and regulations strongly preferred.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation.
- First-hand knowledge and expertise with nonprofit accounting and reporting, preferably in higher education.
- Expert knowledge of FASB/GAAP regulations.
- Excellent planning and project management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Advanced level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft software applications.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
- Highly-developed communication skills.
- Understanding of industry and economic trends affecting higher education helpful.
- Commitment and desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to cope professionally with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics.
- Diligent and thorough with an attention to detail.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.