NCLEX Nursing Education Manager - ABSN
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner. Come join our team in Salt Lake City!
Grand Canyon University SLC has an immediate need for an NCLEX Nursing Education Manager - ABSN who is passionate about nursing education and has previous experience coaching pre-licensure nursing students to success.
Do you love watching students who have struggled in the past with testing turn a corner and become successful? Are you excited about helping students unlock the mystery of NCLEX style questions?
Preparing to pass NCLEX on the first attempt can be a scary and an overwhelming process. There are many opinions on the market for NCLEX candidates to weed through. This role offers the opportunity to share strategies in both one-on-one and group settings.
Grand Canyon University supports students throughout the program and during the NCLEX preparation period. Your days will consist of coaching a variety of populations, from graduates who are soon going to test, to seniors who are preparing for HESI Exit (predictor exam), or juniors who are needing help developing strategies for success.
This role requires someone who works autonomously, with the support of coaching and NCLEX experts; reports to the NCLEX Success Director. Responsible for administering the GCU success program and create strategies to prepare all pre-licensure nursing students for successful completion of GCU’s Nursing program and to pass the NCLEX-RN exam.
Academic Partner: GCU Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Site Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Schedule: Mon-Fri, standard business hours
What you will do:
- Assess academic and standardized test results of Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) pre-licensure nursing students and recommends strategies for improved course and program outcomes
- Meet with students on a regular basis to monitor utilization of success strategies
- Coach students in test taking skills and strategies for preparation for all exams, (Course, standardized, exit, and NCLEX-RN)
- Monitor effectiveness of success program at assigned site/location and reports findings to NCLEX Success Director. Analyze relevant student, cohort, site, and program data to identify gaps in outcomes
- Support processes and procedures for promoting instructional quality and applied practice in nursing curriculum programs
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- NCLEX RN success strategies
- MS Office Suite, databases, and routine office software (email, internet, calendars, spreadsheets, etc.)
What you will need:
- Master’s Degree (MSN) required
- Unencumbered Utah RN Licensure
- Experience in assessment of student learning outcomes and remediation strategies required
- Prior experience in preparing students for NCLEX-RN required
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations
- Applicant must have strong interpersonal and assessment skills, be open to collaboration, and have a very student-centric view. This is an on-site, in-person position
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan.
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#highereducation #NCLEX #nursing #teach #faculty #RN #ABSN #GCU #teaching #coaching