Mechanical Engineering Lab Coordinator
Mechanical Engineering Lab Coordinator - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Lab Coordinator. The Lab Coordinator I role is to assist with lab set up and be available to assist faculty in the operation of the lab equipment/materials to achieve the lab learning outcome for each class.
This 12-month position is open now and will be filled ASAP. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical guidance and assistance concerning work methods, the use of equipment and techniques and the analysis of results for the faculty and students for the assigned lab courses; answers questions and assists with lab experiment to demonstrate proper use of equipment and/or simulation steps.
- Communicate with faculty to ensure lab preparation and setup is ready for student success.
- Perform the timely preparation of materials, chemicals, and equipment for use in student laboratory demonstrations, experiments, exercises, and exams.
- Perform specialized and technical duties to assure efficient lab operations
- Comply with safety regulations and procedures in lab set up.
- Comply with proper storage, handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Assist with assembly and installation of new equipment or instruments; assists with testing to ensure operational readiness.
- Assist with maintenance and repairs of existing equipment as needed.
- Serve as support to faculty with classroom materials, e.g., set up of videos, etc.; collaborates with subject matter faculty for their assigned courses to ensure labs meet needed learning requirements.
- Follow up on waivers
- Documents safety, accident and other incidents according to established reporting protocols.
- Prepares various records and reports related to laboratory operations and activities as required.
- Performs other duties as needed/assigned to support successful lab operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 0-2 years’ experience in lab operations
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of laboratory programs, including reagents, supplies and other materials that would be necessary to sustain a diverse college laboratory program.
- Demonstrated experience in operating, maintaining and repairing analytical instruments in a lab and stockroom setting.