Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering Faculty Position
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It features degrees in electrical and mechanical engineering and engineering technology programs.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This 9-month faculty position is open now and will be filled ASAP. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches undergraduate courses within the major
- Assists students outside classroom hours
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development
- Works with leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing engineering education
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of engineering programs
- Mentors undergraduate majors in mechanical engineering
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry to support internships, project collaborations, industrial mentoring and Capstone projects
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty
- Active engagement in professional development activities
- Compliance with all college and University policies
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering, or mechanical engineering with an emphasis in aerospace engineering, from a regionally accredited institution
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in the aerospace industry or higher education teaching experience in an aerospace program. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- An extensive, advanced, and current knowledge of aerospace engineering, specifically, in one of the following sub-disciplines - aerospace structural design and analysis (finite-element analysis and mechanics of aerospace materials and composites or closely related field.
- Able to teach related coursework in aerospace or mechanical engineering technology
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctoral degree in aerospace engineering, or similar, from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of aerospace industry experience and aerospace or mechanical engineering teaching experience
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellence in teaching.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.