Manager, Institutional Review Board - College of Doctoral Studies
Grand Canyon University is seeking a new Manager of Institutional Review Board for the College of Doctoral Studies. This position has the overall responsibility for daily management of Grand Canyon University University’s (GCU) Institutional Review Board (IRB). The Manager will oversee the IRB, including the management of the IRB electronic system for IRB submissions and Quality Improvement Project (QI) submissions. Essential to this position is regulatory oversight to ensure GCU is compliant with local and federal regulations involving human subject’s research protection, policies and procedures. The Manager will provide administrative expertise and support to the IRB, including review IRB of protocols, workflow needs, deployment and updates to IRB websites, metrics, regulatory changes, and IRB training and education initiatives. Management responsibilities will include supervision of contracted IRB reviewers and administrative staff.
- Provide guidance regarding the interpretation of federal regulations, laws, and policies to researchers, staff, and administrators.
- Coordinate with IRB Director to register and maintain GCU Federal Wide Assurance (FWS) and ensure compliance with its terms, as well as university policy and procedures, federal regulations, and state and local laws related to conduct of human research studies.
- Implement IRB review processes to optimize application submission and approval timeframes.
- Work with IRB Director to ensure that Board membership complies with federal guidelines and is provided with ethical training and IRB orientation such that the Board is qualified to fulfill its obligations to review, require modifications to, approve (or disapprove) research protocols that represent the breadth of research submitted to the IRB by Grand Canyon University researchers.
- Manage sub-committee meetings for studies that require full board reviews. Manage the full board review process during meetings, communicate the outcome of those reviews in a timely manner to applicants.
- Coordinate orientation, education and training including:
- outreach to colleges,
- training for researchers,
- training for board members,
- and advice to faculty, staff, and students regarding IRB regulations and preparation of applications.
- Receive and triage unanticipated problem reports/complaints from research participants, faculty, and students. Ensure that reports related to safety, noncompliance, unanticipated problems in research and adverse events are reviewed, attended to and reported pursuant to federal regulations, local laws and University policy.
- Doctoral degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years of IRB experience; CIP certification preferred
- Online higher education experience preferred
- Able to provide proof of research, publication and presentation record
- Advanced analytical and project/process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate complex information in a professional, academic manner with the university community, business partners, administration, and students
- High degree of knowledge and understanding of IRB processes and protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research and dissertation processes as evidenced by degree completion, research publications and presentations
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintaining good working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks at any given time.
- Able to work independently when necessary and set and meet all deadlines set forth by upper management.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Good written communications skills and a good command of the English language.
- Good problem-solving ability and sound judgment.
- Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient with computer software such as MS Office Suite and a familiarity with software databases helpful.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.