Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Mail Clerk to join out team. The mailroom associate will be responsible for the receipt, sorting, and delivery of all University mail correspondence, as well as preparation of all outbound metered postage. As well as the for oversight of daily tasks of the mail center student workers and assists with training of the mail center staff.
Compliance Obligation: All GCU employees are responsible for knowing and complying with the applicable constitution, bylaws, laws, policies, rules, regulations, and/or enforcement structures of and governing the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and of the Western Athletic Conference, especially if this role is in frequent interaction with student athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Sorts, distributes, and dispatches incoming, outgoing, and department mail timely and accurately.
- Sorts mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments
- Keeps record of all mails received using the computer system in a particular order to be able to identify date of receipt, where and whom it was sent to for easy identification. This process helps in tracking mails and packages and prevents losses
- Sorts packages and group them into different categories for easy dispatch and safe handling during delivery to prevent damage of sensitive packages
- Works with courier services and postal offices to get best rates of mail delivery and stay updated on quality-of-service delivery
- Checks various postal rates and weight options to get best prices to save cost
- Fills relevant details in distribution and shipping forms, providing accurate information to ensure that mails are delivered to the right locations and people
- Maintains supplies, including shipping and mailing envelopes, boxes, markers, forms stickers, and tape available to ensure that they don’t go out of stock
- Answers inquiries from employees about posting rates and duration and also inform them about special posting packages and promotions
- Keeps the mail room organized by properly arranging the bundles of mail and packages coming in to prevent littering and jam-packing in the office space
- Weighs employee items to be mailed to get the right weights and assign the proper amount of postage to them
- Trains other mail room associates that are new to the organization, putting them in-line with best practices and organizational mailing procedures
- Oversight of daily operations to ensure operational efficiency
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of computers required, such as MS Office.
?Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service role if only a high school degree.
Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree at a significantly reduced rate. Grand Canyon University also offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents. In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11½ paid holidays throughout the calendar year.