Low Voltage Technician
- Install, repair, maintain, troubleshoot and perm testing activities on various cable and equipment related to cable connection misfunction.
- Pulls cables through physical structures such as walls, overhead, above drop ceilings and in ground.
- Terminates various cables including Cat6, RG6, RG11, Speakers Terminals, XLR, RCA and other video types using punch, crimp and soldering tools.
- Rack and integrate rack equipment for Network switches, processors, amplifiers, PSU’ and battery backups units.
- Hang, mount and relocate televisions and LED displays.
- install and remove classroom equipment which includes, projectors, projector screens, speakers, podium equipment and any other type of audio visual equipment.
- Completes work orders such as connecting and moving devices, installing cable, and troubleshooting wires not providing signals to equipment.
- Work with facility crew members for office moves and cubical setup and new employee locations to perform work related to low voltage.
- Work with events crew members for event related needs and broadcast related needs to perform work related to low voltage.
- Support other various actions and activities as directed under the campus technology department and campus needs as a whole.
- May have to move on site equipment, tools, furniture, etc. above 50 lbs.
- May have to maneuver around small areas such as attics, crawl hatches, etc. for cabling.
- May have to climb ladders, work on power lifts or climb scaffolding to complete work orders.
- Must be able to distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals.
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes for low voltage installations and repairs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a low voltage related work environment such as AV integrator, cable or ISP service installer or commercial cabling firms.
- Must be able to work on ladders and scaffolding.
- Must have good hand dexterity and calmness.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolding to install cables.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Any PMI certification from an origination that has experience, course work and test requirements preferred.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification preferred.
- Avixa CTS, CTS-D and CTS-I certifications preferred.
- Good understanding of broadcast standards and broadcast production equipment.
- Good understanding of signal flow, distortion, noise and electrical propagation.
- Ability to test and identify equipment and cable functionality.
- Able to operate required hand tools, power tools and low voltage test equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot electronic systems and equipment under pressure.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Able to troubleshoot malfunction in equipment or cable and problem solve.
- Must be able to complete work orders timely and accurately.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.