GCU is currently seeking a full time Locksmith with locksmith skills, performance and the ability and the willingness to take on new challenges. Employees in this job perform a wide range of locksmith and electronic access system duties, including the installation, maintenance and repair of locks, doors, and hardware; opening of locks on doors and safes; and the changing of lock combinations.
- Install, repair and maintain commercial lockable hardware such as doors, automatic electric door,
- Windows, lockers and magnetic keying systems to ensure safety of facilities.
- Produce and/or modify hardware for locks.
- Make new keys; replace broken or lost keys.
- Design and maintain master key system.
- Design, modify, and implement security policies and procedures.
- Design, implement and maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Cleans, maintains, adjusts, calibrates and services equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Monitors work done by outside contractors for adherence to state and federal Code Requirements and reports back to supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Researches, purchases and inventories equipment parts, chemicals and supplies.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
- Assists and serves as back up to other Facilities employees.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a locksmith.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have high school degree.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the locksmith trade, including complex access and control systems; thorough knowledge of all types of locks, fastening devices and related hardware.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance, particularly pertaining to fire exits and door hardwire.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical locking and security systems and devices.
- Must be able to perform journey-level commercial locksmith work.
- Must be willing to participate in rotating on call schedules.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University