Line Cook (Part Time)
Grand Canyon University is seeking a part time Line Cook for GCU's Golf Course Restaurant - The Lope House on 59th Avenue and Indian School.
- Prepare and cook food items according to Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent quality in either the pantry, fry or other stations in the kitchen.
- Maintain sanitation standards according to Standard Operating Procedures and FDA/OSHA requirements.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Properly portion all items as dictated to Standard Operating Procedures/Recipe guidelines.
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift.
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishable items.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Actively seek ways to reduce food costs.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents/incidents following GCU/OSHA guidelines.
- May need to assist in other kitchen/restaurant areas as needed and requested.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience; prefer 3 years’ experience in high volume/demand hospitality venue.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, early morning, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card at one’s own expense prior to beginning of employment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presented required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests
- Ability to learn the structure and function of all kitchen stations and golf course departments, facilities, rooms, activities, services and hours of operation.
- Ability to prepare and present food according to Standard Operating Procedures/Recipe guidelines.
- Ability to consistently perform during scheduled work hours.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in preparation of food, ensuring that all food is prepared according to quality procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems/issues especially during high volume/demand.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- Must be fluent in English with the ability to read and write.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.