Grand Canyon University is seeking a Library Supervisor.
This full-time position is in-person on the Phoenix campus. The schedule for this position is Tuesday-Thursday, 2-10:30pm and Friday-Saturday, 6pm-2:30am.
- Work collaboratively with a team of Library Supervisors to fulfill smooth daily operations of Library floors and services during all open Library hours.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, supervising, scheduling, training, and progress monitoring of all Library Student Workers.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Library’s circulation, study room, and equipment reservation systems.
- Maintain library materials, furnishings, technology, signage, and overall organization of the Library floors.
- Provide prompt and friendly service to students, faculty, and staff and assists in difficult service interactions.
- Process interlibrary loan requests.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Provide a positive example to students and student workers by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Position requires evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum one-year related library experience preferred
- Experience and demonstrated skill in supervision and hiring preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assist others in the use of personal computers
- Ability to effectively communicate and foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to be proactive and flexible
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations