Please note: The schedule for this position is Sunday through Thursday from 5:30pm-2:30am. This is an in-person position on-campus in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Work collaboratively with a team of Library Supervisors to fulfill smooth daily operations of Library floors and services during all open Library hours.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, supervising, scheduling, training, and progress monitoring of all Library Student Workers.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Library’s circulation, study room, and equipment reservation systems.
- Maintain library materials, furnishings, technology, signage, and overall organization of the Library floors.
- Provide prompt and friendly service to students, faculty, and staff and assists in difficult service interactions.
- Process interlibrary loan requests.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Provide a positive example to students and student workers by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Position requires evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum one-year related library experience preferred
- Experience and demonstrated skill in supervision and hiring preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to assist others in the use of personal computers
- Ability to effectively communicate and foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to be proactive and flexible
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.