Library Reference & Instruction Manager
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Library Reference and Instruction Manager.
This position is located in the Phoenix metro area on campus position with work from home one day a week. The schedule for this position is four 10-hour shifts, Wednesday - Saturday from 11:30am-10:30pm.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and supervises staff to ensure a high-performance, service-oriented work environment.
- Schedule staff across the Ask-A-Librarian service and monitors communication between staff and patrons to ensure maintenance of high standards of customer service.
- Create and maintain training documentation encompassing departmental processes and conducts staff training and coaching for performance improvement and development.
- Track and analyze operational data and statistics using analytical tools and present relevant data.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing policies and procedures and assists in difficult service interactions.
- Assist with library outreach, including promotion, event planning, and collaboration with other campus entities.
- Maintain awareness of professional standards and new technologies relevant to academic support services.
- Develop, schedule, and provide bibliographic instruction related to the use of the Library and its resources in-person and online.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Act as a liaison for the library with other departments.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to share best practices.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- American Library Association accredited master’s degree in library or information science required.
- 3 years relative experience in providing library services in either public or educational institutions.
- Professional experience in an academic library preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and demonstrated skill in supervision and hiring.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience conducting research, compiling information and data gathered, summarizing, and making recommendations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to be proactive and flexible.
- Position requires nights and weekend hours.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.