Lecturer Behavioral Health College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college with a servant-leader and teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your expertise as a behavioral health professional with undergraduate students?
We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Humanities and Social Sciences is seeking a full-time Lecturer faculty member to teach Bachelor’s Level Behavioral Health Science and Counseling courses! We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Projected start date - August 2023.
*Please note, this is an in person, 9-month Lecturer position based at GCU’s Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ.
What you will do:
- Teach undergraduate behavioral health and counseling courses with a focus on: BHS-350, BHS-420, BHS-490, PCN-360, PCN-475.
- Available to teach during the day and possible evenings.
- Assist students outside classroom hours.
- Stay current on topics related to licensure and accreditation and best practices related to behavioral health and counseling.
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Assist with the integration of Christian worldview in the counseling programs.
What you will need:
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Behavioral Health, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
- Currently licensed at the independent level.
- Candidate will have clinical experience with a focus in the areas of working with children and families, and addictions.
- Two-years’ experience providing counseling services in a clinical setting.
- Two-years’ experience providing addictions counseling in a clinical setting.
- One-year instructional experience in counseling and/or addictions at the post-secondary level.
- Familiarity with web enhanced instructional tools such as LoudCloud.
- Familiarity with academic research.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctorate in Counseling Education and Supervision, Doctorate in Social Work, Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
- Two years of traditional instructional experience in counseling and/or addictions at the post-secondary level.
- Currently licensed at the independent level in the State of Arizona.
- Two years of clinical experience in Substance Use Disorders and Addiction.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047900