Lab Technician- Chemistry
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you have a passion for lab sciences, preparing and maintaining lab equipment? The College of Science, Engineering and Technology is seeking a Chemistry Lab Technician I. This position is responsible for the set up and daily maintenance of the Chemistry labs. The daily set up requires all equipment to be available for daily classroom usage by faculty and students.
Location: Main Campus, 33rd and Camelback
What you will do:
- Maintenance activities include stocking and inventorying of required supplies, checking all equipment to ensure operational, troubleshooting equipment if operation problem and alerting management and/or vendor for necessary repair.
- Conducts the day to day operational set up of the lab for use by all students and faculty.
- Responsible for following administrative processes of ordering and ensuring that lab supplies are at the required levels so as to not diminish level of learning required for the students.
- Responsible for ensuring that all supplies, equipment, media, computers and materials needed are available and all equipment is at optimum operating levels.
- Ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment is based on faculty/course requirements
- Serves as the resource person for faculty and students in any matters relating to the operational aspects of the lab.
- Mixes and applies cleaning chemical applications as required.
- Adjusts, maintains, calibrates and performs minor repair to equipment; report major repair needs or arrange for repairs according to established procedures.
- Follows upon on waivers
- Conducts general daily cleaning in the lab and collects and disposes of waste materials according to regulations per lab shift.
- Performs specialized and technical duties to assure efficient lab operations
- Documents safety, accident and other incidents according to established reporting protocols.
- Prepares various records and reports related to laboratory operations and activities as required; research and obtain new experiments for laboratory use.
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree in any of the physical sciences.
- Experience with organic chemistry/biochemistry preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in any physical science field.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and equipment of assigned physical sciences lab.
- Knowledge of safety regulations involving area of specialty.
- Ability to perform specialized and technical duties to assure efficient physical sciences lab operation.
- Knowledge of proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047930