Lab Purchasing Coordinator
Grand Canyon University's College of Science, Engineering & Technology is seeking a Lab Purchasing Coordinator. The Lab Purchasing Coordinator role is to assist with ordering materials in Engineering. The focus of the position is to purchase, facilitate and coordinate all aspects of obtaining the needed materials for engineering labs, engineering shops and the capstone courses.
- Communicate effectively with capstone faculty, lab staff, and shop staff to purchase supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Working collaboratively, coordinate purchasing items in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all supplies, equipment, and materials needed are available.
- Perform good record keeping duties to assure proper documentation.
- Assist and support with purchasing new supplies, equipment, or materials as needed.
- Follow up as required with good communication with lab staff, faculty, and chairs.
- Follow up on purchased orders, keeping track of when they are ordered and received.
- Prepare various records and reports related to ordering activities.
- Attend related department meetings as requested by the department manager.
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned to support engineering operations.
- Associate degree in business, or any of the physical sciences, engineering background preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience purchasing materials, or in a related position.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations.