Lab/Clinical Nursing Faculty - OB - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time OB Obstetrics Clinical Nursing Faculty member for the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our site in Sun City, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs.
As a full-time Lab/Clinical Faculty member, you’ll provide lab/clinical program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at the Sun City, AZ. However, this position requires travel daily within the greater Metropolitan Phoenix area to directly observe student performance when scheduled for clinical rotations.
- Reinforces didactic content and teaches in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre licensure Nursing.
- Collaborates with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives.
- Participates in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs.
- Preserves lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings.
- Remains current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University.
- Requires travel to student clinical sites to directly observe student performance.
- Master’s degree required (MSN).
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in women and infant services nursing.
- Unencumbered, active, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.