Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Conduct daily walk through to ensure all stations prepared for opening and meal service
2. Responsible for own assigned kitchen section and responsible for controlling quality, quantity, and the food storage.
3. Understand, monitor, and ensure opening and closing procedures for all kitchen areas; ensure that all crew members are trained in procedures.
4. Observe crew members in food production line to ensure minimum product wastage in preparation.
5. Assist Kitchen Manager in detailed planning and administrative work as needed for efficient food operations.
6. In conjunction with the F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service in accordance with established standards.
7. Maintain current recipes and plating guides for all menu offerings; recommends changes as needed based upon trends in guest ordering and feedback.
8. Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
9. Maintain standards for food production and handling, cooking, food storage, sanitation, safety, and employee hygiene in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
10. Work with Maintenance Department to ensure repairs are performed in a timely manner and not impacting efficient daily kitchen operations.
11. Perform regular inspection of storage areas and monitors the dating of food items to meet required food safety standards Inspect operation to ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards.
12. Document all incidents and accidents; follows appropriate procedures and any other duties.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Culinary skills to include butchering, food knowledge, knife skills, classical cooking techniques.
- Food safety requirements and precautions.
Has responsibility for oversight of the kitchen in absence of the Kitchen Manager and the culinary staff, which includes full-time, part-time employees and student workers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in restaurant, hotel or contract food service establishment.
- ServSafe Management Certified
- Demonstrated proficiency in all stations in the kitchen
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation
- Must work nights, weekends and holidays or extended hours as needed.
- Sitting: 4 -5 hours a day
- Standing: 4 -5 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Occasionally
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Occasionally
- Squatting: Occasionally
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.