Janitor/Porter Night 10pm-6am
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Dusts furniture, file cabinets, paneling, windowsills, other equipment, printers, faxes, telephones, picture frames/wall hangings including magazine racks, air conditioning registers, wall grills or other ventilating louvers such ceiling air conditioning diffusers, and other exterior surfaces such as light fixtures.
- Vacuums and mops floor surfaces; empties wastebaskets, cleans windows.
- Keeps stairways and exterior buildings clean: dusting exterior lights, cleaning glass doors, etc. and may occasionally power wash building wall exteriors.
- Keeps rest rooms replenished with supplies: working automated dispensers, hand towels, toilet tissue, etc.
- Periodically throughout the shift and while moving from building to building or while working on building exteriors, Porters are exposed to seasonal extreme desert temperatures.
- When working the night shift, ensures the buildings are secured and locked after cleaning and notifies public safety. Notifies public safety or lead/supervisor of any suspicious situations, lost valuables, etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- High School completion preferred, or the equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of related commercial cleaning experience, or similar work experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently involves pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, holding, carrying, reaching, reaching above the shoulders, stooping, bending at the waist, bending at the knees, kneeling, bending side to side, crouching, standing on step stools or small ladders and balancing.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.