IT Business Analyst
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an IT Business Analyst. This position is responsible for documenting and developing technical solutions to business processes by utilizing standard accepted practiced business and IT analytical tools; ability to provide recommended solution and follow through to execution of solution.
- Elicit requirements using a variety of tools from stakeholders to define a solution.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, distinguish user requests from underlying needs.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following e.g., (business requirements documents, functional requirement documents, use cases, GUI, Screen and interface designs).
- Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Serve as the conduit between the customers and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Collaborate with development and other SME to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year professional experience defining business requirements for software applications.
- Minimum of one year development experience (needs to be able to understand how to speak to developers)
- Professional experience presenting requirements to stakeholders and resolving issues.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- Application of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced expertise/utilization of use of Microsoft Visio and Excel.
- Able to explain SDLC.
- Proficient in technical writing (requirements, design, test case and script creation).
- Solid understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance and production support.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.