International Student Coordinator
Grand Canyon University's Office of Academic Records is currently seeking an International Student Coordinator.
- Assists with processing of applications for the Form I-20 document; generates and signs I-20 forms as a designated DSO of GCU
- Severs as Designated School Official (DSO); ensures maintenance of DSO title by attendance at required conferences/workshops
- Responsible for updating SEVIS to ensure all GCU is in compliance with DHS guidelines
- Informs students about immigration requirements and any changes which impacts their current status.
- Educates and informs international students of resources and tools available to them to assist with maintaining their immigration status and what options are available to them after graduation.
- Determines the validity and acceptability of the student’s financial resources by using University and U.S. Department of Homeland Security criteria.
- Assists with programming initiatives for international students on campus, which includes but is not limited to: updating materials for new student orientations, participating in campus events representing the International Students Office, and liaising with other campus departments to ensure accurate disbursement of information regarding international student processes.
- Utilizes an understanding of U.S. immigration laws and regulations to evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action when there is a change in student status of international students.
- Ensure institutional compliance with DHS, Department of State and Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) regulations governing international students and exchange visitors
- Refers international students to GCU resources for academic advice, e.g., Student Services Counselor, etc. and follows up to ensure student has received the information to ensure that they will be successful in completing their degree requirements
- Coordinate with Admissions to ensure Form I-20 Application is complete and meets University standards
- Assists with the development or updating of systems and processes to improve operational administrative workflow.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Academic Records by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience which involves complex administrative protocol
- Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident, eligible by law to access the SEVIS database.
- Able to work flexible work hours, e.g. Tuesday and Thursday 9 am to 6 pm.
- Must possess a valid Arizona State Driver’s License and have a clean driving record
- Knowledgeable of the Student and Exchange Visitors Information Tracking System(SEVIS) is preferable.
- Two years’ relevant work experience in higher education in front facing student role
- Familiarity with CampusVue system
- Familiarity with traveling/living/studying aboard is highly desirable to understand the impact on international students living in the US.
- Must be willing to serve as driver of GCU van for transport of international students which may include airport pickups, or scheduled program activities.
- Understanding of customer service and ability to demonstrate excellence in customer service and meet the required service standards
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and/or in team environments.
- Ability to address a various size audiences in a formal, succinct professional manner.
- Good written communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Good problem solving ability and sound judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets and a familiarity with software databases.
- Ability to learn system applications to be able to input data and run reports
- Must maintain a high degree of business ethics and integrity
- Must adhere to FERPA and other guidelines regarding student/personal information
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.