Internal Review Compliance Administrator
Grand Canyon University’s is seeking an Internal Review Compliance Administrator. This position, in accordance with DOE regulatory guidelines, will provide business support and forensics analysis to ensure student information and applications are in compliance with University, federal and/or state regulations by identifying, reviewing and analyzing the accuracy of data for fraud detection and/or abuse. The Internal Review Compliance Analyst works independently on moderately complex activities related to fraud analysis, risk analysis, reporting and compliance. Progressive levels of work are determined by the scope, type and complexity of work and the freedom to act and make decisions without supervision.
- Through queries and reporting, reviews and scrutinizes current and past student information, researching and analyzing activity to detect potential fraud activity and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains electronic student files with regard to the Internal Review/Compliance process.
- Identifies potential University risk concerns and issues with processes; monitors and communicates risk trends to management.
- Resolves issues or escalates more complex issues to management for review and resolution and follows through as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries from students, faculty, staff or government contacts regarding the University’s Internal Review process and outcomes.
- Utilizes various proprietary software and MS applications or other data sources to retrieve data, export data, input data and manipulate data for reporting purposes; uses spreadsheet software to manipulate data as needed.
- Ensures strict adherence to the protection and confidentiality of all sensitive student data and information.
- Provides input and recommendations for new or additional anti-fraud actions or business processes.
- Interacts with staff, external sources to obtain relevant information.
- Identifies and recommends root-cause solutions and potential weaknesses and associated risks.
- Designs data analysis routines/tools to detect fraud and/or potential risks.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent education is required, preferably in a related business discipline such as finance, criminal justice, legal, etc..
- A minimum of 2-3 years work experience in a related role.Examples include internal auditing or other auditing, accounting, claims investigations, fraud investigations or similar.
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and federal (Department of Education Title IV) regulations governing financial aid and familiarity with Code of Federal Regulations.
- Ability to independently research needed data and complete requirements.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.