Instructor - Population Health
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Faculty member for Population Health with an emphasis on Community and/or Public Health.
This is a Full Time -12month faculty role located on ground at our Phoenix, Arizona campus.
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Teach one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum to facilitate and engage students in the learning process
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
- Stimulate classroom discussions
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or delegate to others
- Remain current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise
- Required to maintain the equivalent of a four course load (16 credit hours)
What you nee:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursuing
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience
- Must have experience in Population, Public and/or Community Health
- Teaching experience preferred
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan.
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym.
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program.
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#teach #nursing #nurse #population health #GCU #community health