Instructional Assistant (Theology)
Grand Canyon University’s College of Theology is seeking applicants for a full-time Instructional Assistant to begin in the fall of 2022. This role is responsible for assisting four classroom sessions (up to 93 students in each class), in addition to assisting with coordination and support of part-time IAs and the operation of Theology Commons (an on-campus learning center). This 9-month position primarily involves instructional assistance in philosophy and Christian worldview courses within the College of Theology. Committee work, participation in college initiatives and events, and other types of service will be expected.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will have earned a degree in theology or ministry from an accredited institution. Instructional assistant experience at the college level and consistent involvement in a local church are highly valued. A master’s degree is preferred. All faculty and staff in GCU’s College of Theology are required to sign and teach in accordance with the university’s Doctrinal and Ethical Positions Statements and the College of Theology Covenant.
- Leader and role model for part-time instructional assistants with special attention to cultivating healthy teaching teams within the college in alignment with the missional identity of the university community.
- Assist with Theology Commons day-to-day operations.
- Assists with the scheduling of part-time Instructional Assistants.
- Train, mentor, and assist in evaluating part-time Instructional Assistants.
- Assists instructor with in-class activities, including proctoring examinations. May proctor make-up examinations/assignments.
- Observes students’ performance, and records relevant data to aid instructor in assessing progress.
- Assists with grading assignments and exams.
- May facilitate study groups as a refresher to classroom formal lecture.
- May assist with communication and coordination between faculty and part-time instructional assistants in order to facilitate healthy and productive working relationships.