Instructional Assistant - Math - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Math Instructional Assistant. The Instructional Assistant will be responsible for assisting four classroom sessions (up to 93 learners in each class) in addition to assisting with the Math Center operations.
- Leader and role model for part-time instructional assistants.
- Assist with Math Center day-to-day operations.
- Train and mentor part-time Instructional Assistants.
- Assists instructor with in-class activities, including proctoring examinations. May proctor make-up examinations/assignments.
- Observes students’ performance, and records relevant data to aid instructor in assessing progress.
- Assists with grading assignments and exams.
- May assist in competency based learning environment.
- May facilitate study groups as a refresher to classroom formal lecture.
- Assists Math faculty with Learning Communities.
- Assists Math faculty with special projects as needed.
- Assists with the scheduling of part-time Instructional Assistants.
- May assist with mediation and conflict resolution.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited institution with a minor in mathematics. Candidates for consideration may also have a bachelor’s degree with substantial coursework in mathematics and an earned grade of B or higher in each.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics from an accredited institution.
- Transcript evaluation.
- Comfortable leading others.
- Comfortable teaching others and grading assignments.
- Comfortable mentoring others.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.