Instructional Assistant - Introduction to Philosophy and Ethics - Traditional Campus - College of Theology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an Instructional Assistant for the traditional ground campus in the College of Theology . For those with a passion for ministry and helping others through Christ, the College of Theology offers bachelor and master’s degrees in Christian Studies Specializations include Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Studies and Christian Leadership.
Course Description: PHI-103: Introduction to Philosophy and Ethics
This course is an introduction to the discipline of philosophy through a study of representative philosophical problems. Students are introduced to analytic tools that enable them to practice critical thinking, evaluate knowledge claims, and establish a rationale and justification for other academic disciplines. Topics to be considered include logic, epistemology, metaphysics, and ethics.
** These courses are for traditional campus, FALL semester: 8/26/2019 - 12/15/2019
** You must be able to assist in-person, on-campus - during the day
** Current IA Sections Needed:
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - 7:00 AM - 8:10 AM
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays - 3:20 PM - 4:30 PM
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 9:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 11:00 AM - 12:45 PM
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 3:00 PM - 4:45 PM
- Assists primary instructor with in-class activities, grading assignments, facilitating class discussion, tutoring, and proctoring examinations.
- Provides tutoring as well as coordinates study groups outside of class meeting days and times to assist students on class material.
- Observes students’ performance, and records relevant data to aid primary instructor in assessing progress.
- Other additional duties may be assigned in order to assist the primary instructor.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Christian Studies, Philosophy and Ethics, or related program of study.
- Note: Degree must be from an regionally accredited college or university AND must have the degree conferred/awarded date on the official transcript
- Must have sufficient courses in discipline of assistance as well as having received a grade of B or higher in each course.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.