Instructional Assistant - Essentials of Economics - Traditional Campus - Colangelo College of Business
Grand Canyon University is Arizona’s premier private Christian university.
Join our mission in helping others find their purpose. The Colangelo College of Business offers rewarding opportunities for Instructional Assistants on our Phoenix campus.
GCU Traditional Campus located in Phoenix, Arizona:
- Courses are in-person and on-campus for the Fall 2023 semester (09/05/2023 - 12/17/2023)
Course: ECN-351: Essentials of Economics
This survey course covers the basic concepts of microeconomics and macroeconomics. The course begins by addressing the fundamental concepts of scarcity, choice, opportunity cost, and comparative advantage. The course builds on these fundamentals to explain the market forces of supply and demand, market efficiency, the economics of the public sector, and the firm's behavior under competitive market conditions. The second half of the course focuses on basic macroeconomic concepts, including measurement of national income, economic growth, and productivity. In addition, this course covers the monetary system and the classical theory of inflation.
What You Will Do:
- Assists primary instructor with in-class activities, grading assignments, facilitating class discussion, tutoring, and proctoring examinations.
- Provides tutoring as well as coordinates study groups outside of class meeting days and times to assist students on class material.
- Adheres to weekly grading deadlines.
- Observes students’ performance, and records relevant data to aid primary instructor in assessing progress.
- Other additional duties may be assigned in order to assist the primary instructor.
- Willingness to participate in instructional training sessions, College meetings, and orientation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelors (or higher) in a Business related program of study with coursework in economics, microeconomics, or macroeconomics
#gcu #highered #faculty #phoenix #teaching
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000048038