Instructional Assistant - Christian Worldview - Traditional Campus - College of Theology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an Instructional Assistant for the traditional ground campus in the College of Theology . For those with a passion for ministry and helping others through Christ, the College of Theology offers bachelor and master’s degrees in Christian Studies . Specializations include Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Studies and Christian Leadership.
Course Description: CWV-101: Christian Worldview
A worldview acts like glasses through which one views the world. In this course, students explore the big questions that make up a worldview, questions like "Why are we here?" and "What is my purpose?" Students examine how Christians answer these questions and work on exploring their own worldviews, as well as learning how worldview influences one’s perceptions, decision making, and everyday life.
** These courses are for the GCU Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ
** These courses are for traditional campus, Fall semester
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Assists with grading class assignments.
- Comfortable teaching others and grading assignments
- Willingness to participate in instructional training sessions
- May be assigned to other duties assigned by the Lead Faculty
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in related program of study.
- Note: Degree must be from an regionally accredited college or university AND must have the degree conferred/awarded date on the official transcript
- Must have sufficient courses in discipline of assistance as well as having received a grade of B or higher in each course.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred college degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.