Immersive Simulation Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support for operations to ensure all equipment is running properly and efficiently.
- Assist with training faculty in the use of simulation equipment.
- Serves as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation.
- Work in collaboration with the Lab Director to maintain inventory of supplies and equipment as needed for simulation.
- Provide technical operational support for all systems and equipment related to immersive simulation.
- Manage clinical simulation educational activity related supplies & equipment.
- Supports/assists in props placement and moulage set-up to create a virtual healthcare setting.
- Performs general cleaning in the lab with the collection and disposal of waste materials according to regulations.
- Assist with development of scenarios utilized for simulation experiences.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Recent, relevant, working knowledge of clinical experience in the clinical healthcare environment.
- Highly effective communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- Highly knowledgeable of processes and procedures as related to patient care.
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good organization and coordination of multiple activities.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability, judgment and sound decision making.
- Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapidly changing user needs and schedules.
- Function independently in designated area(s), role, and required activities while remaining a contributing member of the team providing integrated services to users.
- Proficient with computer hardware and software including MS Office Suite, integrated AV/IT data collection software, task trainers, human patient simulators, and patient care equipment.
- Stays abreast of current trends, technology, state and/or federal requirements, and GCU policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have granted diploma or certification relative to background experience (e.g., medical assistant diploma)
- Two years related experience in clinical healthcare setting.
- Must be able to work from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm and occasional weekends and/or evenings as needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, pharmacology, and equipment.
- Two or more years of patient care experience as a, but not limited to, Paramedic, Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Respiratory Therapist, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Simulation Technician, or any other licensed health care provider preferred.
- Unencumbered Arizona LPN or RN Licensure or Arizona Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with typical medical equipment and computer based instructional equipment found in simulation labs, networking software systems, and audio/visual peripherals (laptops, projectors, microphone systems, mobile phone, video cameras, monitors, and screens) preferred.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.