Immersive Simulation Facilitator
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching but didn't know where to start? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
We currently have an immediate opening for an Nursing Immersive Simulation Facilitator at our site in Las Vegas, NV. This position is integral to delivery of partner university lab and simulation experiences for nursing students.
Site Location: 2485 Village View Drive, Suite 300 Henderson, Nevada
What you will do:
- Primary support for Clinical Simulation Educational Activities.
- Proactively coordinates in advance with Director of Nursing Services to schedule activities and manage equipment and supplies for each activity.
- Oversees all training processes and ensures systems and equipment are enabled to meet the learning outcomes.
- Collaborative participation in scenario design, evaluation, implementation into curriculum, and provision of experience to learners
- Leads provision of entire scenario experience, facilitation and debriefing for learner(s)
- Leads trial, validation, and evaluation processes for implementation of scenarios as a part of curriculum
- Orients, coordinates and directs Simulation Technician, actors, volunteers and faculty prior to each scenario experience, facilitation and debriefing
- Ensures and maintains standards for operations, scenario design, facilitation, and debriefing in alignment with specified immersive simulation training programs policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and assists designated faculty with concurrent and/or retrospective video annotation, data capture and creation of outcome tracking, results and reports
- Coordinates with Simulation Technician to confirm pre-programming of manikin simulators, task trainers, AV, & data collection are ready for each experience use
- Coordinates with Simulation Technician to confirm designated pre-sets, staging, and disposable supplies for each scenario are ready for immediate use
- Ensure Faculty & Learners are oriented to capabilities, limitations, safety & proper use of all simulation manikins, trainers, AV, and equipment.
- Manage Clinical Simulation Educational Activity Related Supplies & Equipment
- Provide technical and operational support for AV systems, data collection systems, Human Patient Simulator systems, computer systems, and task trainer systems.
- Manage clinical simulation educational activity during practice, rehearsal, and research as it pertains to Immersive Patient Care Management simulation scenarios, skills and task training, standardized patient encounters, and conference sessions according to standardized methodology and techniques and policy and procedure.
- Provide reports or feedback to didactic faculty on student progress or outcomes
- Attend required faculty meetings and participate in committees
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends as required by business needs
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What you will need:
- Master’s degree (MSN) from a CCNE/NLNAC or ACEN accredited program.
- Must have active, current, and unencumbered Nevada RN license.
- Two years related experience in healthcare, clinical healthcare education, or healthcare simulation education.
Icing on the cake:
- Previous experience facilitating immersive simulation.
- Previous experience with simulation debriefing and strategies.
- Previous experience collaborating in immersive simulation scenario design, evaluation and implementation into curriculum.
- Contemporary lab competence and knowledge about simulation both high fidelity and virtual reality as evidenced by relevant continuing education and professional organization affiliation.
Why work at GCU:
Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program
Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#lab #simulation #nursing #Manikin #GCU