HVAC Preventative Maintenance Tech
Grand Canyon University is seeking an HVAC Preventative Maintenance Technician. The HVAC Preventative Maintenance Technician provides excellent customer service, performs routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs.
Shift: Tuesday - Saturday 9am to 6pm
- Replace air filters and blower V-belts according to agreed upon maintenance schedules.
- Examines installed heating/air conditioning systems to verify that system is functioning.
- Identifies minor problems while doing filter maintenance, clogged drains, loose belts and low charge; able to make minor repairs clearing clogged drains, tightening loose belts while changing filters or informs dispatch that unit is not operating properly and an HVAC team member must be scheduled.
- Performs visual inspection of each unit during the filter change process.
- Assists skilled team members with repair and maintenance of HVAC and motors, repairing and replacing filter grills and condensate leads and replacing ceiling tiles.
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ensure that all HVAC units are secured after replacing filters and appropriate log records on the unit are updated.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining work tickets and time records as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must pass background check requirements
- HVAC technical certification preferred
- Strong background in reading and interpreting instructions and safety procedures associated with HVAC processes
- Solid knowledge of using hand and power tools
- Must have the physical skills and endurance to climb ladders, access building roofs, and stairs to access HVAC units.
- Must be familiar with, and follow, safety requirements and precautions.
- Must be able to present professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, or extended hours as needed.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be willing to operate work ticketing system and update to be able to inform status of work.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.