HVAC Controls Technician
This is a Controls field Technician Apprentice position and will work with campus Energy Manager on the integration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of campus building automation system, (BMS). This candidate will be working with Distech, Carrier and Mitsubishi controls.
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Perform routine maintenance and repair on commercial DDC systems.
2. Repairing/replacing DDC system controllers and components, as needed.
3. Perform basic commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controller to end devices (i.e. sensors, actuators, etc.).
4. Observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
5. Attend classes and seminars (classroom or online) on HVAC components and system design to update skills.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Basic knowledge in Low Voltage Systems, Electrical, Electronic, Direct Digital Controls, commercial HVAC Mechanical systems.
- Basic computer skills required.
- On-call, 24/7 for controls duties; part of a rotating list of on-call personnel.
- High School diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 2-year of commercial HVAC troubleshooting and repair experience.
- Demonstrated DDC controls experience preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge of repair, maintenance and installation techniques.
- Must have all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation
- Sitting: 4-8 hours a day
- Standing: 2-4 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Occasionally
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Occasionally
- Squatting: Occasionally
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Occasionally
- Work Environment: 70% Office building on site, 30% Outside work. Work performed is subject to variations in temperature, equipment noise and dust.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.