Housing Operations Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Housing Operations Coordinator. This position is instrumental in assisting the Housing Operations Manager with the planning, operation and implementation of student housing to ensure a positive, healthy and safe living and learning environment for the students.
- Coordinates housing for all students for all semesters including planning and implementation, efficiently coordinating and overseeing all logistics and ensures other departments are notified in a timely manner to ensure apartments are readied, i.e., Facilities.
- Serves as University representative, advocate and resource in speaking with prospective students and/or parents at various Admissions events as well as orientation sessions.
- Acts as representative for student specialty groups such as Student Disability Services, Athletics, Graduate students, International students, Honors students, student leaders and others for coordinating, ensuring and tracking housing services to meet specific needs as necessary.
- Builds and cultivates sustaining rapport and collaborative relationships with other University representatives and ensures the University’s customer service standards are upheld in communicating with students, parents and internal staff.
- Investigates and mediates complaints and follows Conflict Resolution procedures which may include dealing with parents of students.
- Collects, maintains, updates and tracks student housing data, ensuring data integrity, using available software and prepares and creates reports.
- Retrieves and analyzes data from software on a regular basis for auditing student housing reservations and occupancy, and provides metric and demographic reports to management.
- Utilizes audited data to identify those students no longer eligible for University housing based upon Policy and acts appropriately which may include preparation and delivery of eviction notices and physical evictions with the aid of Public Safety staff.
- Partners with the Marketing Department in creating promotional literature targeted to students, parents and Enrollment/Admissions on student housing information.
- Conducts formal presentations on housing information and updates to on-campus staff.
- Acts in the Manager’s absence when necessary, ensuring uninterrupted communications with leadership in other departments.
- Keeps current on industry best practices and technological innovations as related to position and notifies management of opportunities, and makes recommendations on process improvement(s).
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution
- Master’s degree preferred
- 1 year experience in residential life and student housing.
- An understanding of student development issues in post-secondary education helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem resolution skills.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software such as housing management software, student management software, etc. and MS Office Suite software.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.