Housing Operations Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Housing Operations Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting the Manager, Housing Operations with the planning, operation and implementation of student housing to ensure a positive, healthy and safe living and learning environment for the students.
The starting salary for this position is $35,000.
- Executes all housing assignment logistics for students for all semesters including the processing of cancellations, room switches, and delivery of eviction notices.
- Handles customer service complaints with parents/students and/or referring to appropriate resources; escalates complex complaints to housing operations management.
- Collects, maintains, updates and tracks student housing data, ensuring data integrity, using available software; keeps data up to date to ensure reports are accurate; generates reports as requested.
- Ensures other departments are notified in a timely manner to confirm living areas are readied (i.e., Facilities and Residence Life)
- Retrieves and analyzes data from StarRez on a regular basis for auditing student accounts to reflect accuracy in applicable charges.
- Launches housing application processes according to approved timing calendar; participates as a team member in configuring the housing application for each launch which involves building and testing to ensure accurate application launches.
- Utilizes audited data to identify those students no longer eligible for University housing based upon GCU housing policies.
- Participates as a team with building content for housing starts/releases to inform students of move in and move out procedures according to approved timelines.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with other University representatives and ensures the University’s customer service standards are upheld in communicating with students, parents and internal staff.
- Assists in brainstorming meetings with Marketing Department in creating promotional/informational material about GCU housing for its targeted audiences.
- Researches university best practices and technological innovations related to university housing and identifies relevant opportunities for improvement; participates as a team with continuously refining housing processes for efficiency and enhancing user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year experience in student affairs, e.g, residence life, housing, student activities in customer service role.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software such as housing management software, student management software, etc. and MS Office Suite software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, etc.).
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.