Housing Operations Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Housing Operations Coordinator. This position is instrumental in assisting the Housing Operations Manager with the planning, operation and implementation of student housing to ensure a positive, healthy and safe living and learning environment for the students.
- Coordinates housing for students for all semesters including planning and implementation of housing application processes, efficiently coordinating and overseeing all housing assignment logistics and ensures other departments are notified in a timely manner to ensure living areas are readied, i.e., Facilities and Residence Life.
- Handles customer service complaints with parents/students and/or referring to appropriate resources; escalates complex complaints to housing operations management.
- Collects, maintains, updates and tracks student housing data, ensuring data integrity, using available software; keeps data up to date to ensure reports are accurate; generates reports as requested.
- Retrieves and analyzes data from software on a regular basis for auditing student housing reservations and occupancy.
- Utilizes audited data to identify those students no longer eligible for University housing based upon Policy and acts appropriately which may include preparation and delivery of eviction notices and physical evictions with the aid of Public Safety staff.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with other University representatives and ensures the University’s customer service standards are upheld in communicating with students, parents and internal staff.
- Lead formal presentations with stakeholders regarding housing information.
- Assists in compiling information on housing for formal weekly meetings.
- Assists in brainstorming meetings with Marketing Department in creating promotional/informational material about GCU housing for its targeted audiences.
- Keeps current on industry best practices and technological innovations as related to position and notifies management of opportunities, and makes recommendations on process improvement(s).
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year experience in student affairs, e.g, residence life, housing, student activities in customer service role.
- An understanding of student development issues in post-secondary education helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem resolution skills.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software such as housing management software, student management software, etc. and MS Office Suite software.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.