Housing Maintenance Crew Member
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Housing Maintenance Crew Member to join the Housing Maintenance team. This position, under general supervision, performs janitorial duties, and preventive, routine, and small-effort general maintenance in the campus housing facilities. Typically, is assigned to provide services to a specific building; will be assigned to other buildings as needed.
- Provide a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Responsible for janitorial duties in common areas such as: lobbies, elevators, lounges, study rooms, laundry rooms, and restrooms.
- Assess and report issues related to HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing.
- Repair or replace air filters, light bulbs, wall plates, light switch plates, doors and related hardware, window screens, dressers, trim and cove base, toilet stopper, toilet chain, sink pop up’s and garbage disposals.
- Assist in projects involving the repair or replacement of floor coverings including tile, luxury vinyl planks, laminate, and carpeting.
- Patch, paint and/or finish various types of hard surfaces.
- Assess any damages to building, furnishings and/or rooms and identifies type of repair work needed.
- Respond to emergency needs and requests within designated time frames.
- Regularly completes work orders within Facilities Work Management System.
- Assist in maintaining Logs and Maintenance reports.
- Adhere to safety and security procedures and determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in general maintenance, building maintenance, renovation or construction. Housing maintenance work experience is preferred.
- Ability to pass background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.