Housing Maintenance Crew Member
- Provides a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Assists in processing and responding to maintenance requests for assigned building in a timely manner, escalates requests as necessary to the appropriate maintenance specialization such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
- Ensures assigned areas are kept neat, clean and orderly including lounges, elevators, stairwells, lavatories, laundry areas, common areas and waste disposal areas.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures, light fixtures and switches, ballasts, doors and related hardware, windows and screens, window coverings, trim, floor coverings including tile, hardwood, laminate or carpeting, furnishings and other fixtures as necessary.
- Patches, paints and/or finishes various types of hard surfaces.
- Conducts facilities and mechanical room inspections on a periodic and routine basis of assigned areas and resolves issues as necessary.
- Changes air conditioning filters as routine maintenance and keeps logs.
- Assesses any damages to building, furnishings and/or rooms and identifies type of repair work needed.
- Responds to emergency needs and requests within designated time frames.
- Assists building occupants with other non-routine requests, which may include requests outside of normal maintenance work, whenever possible or as needed on occasion.
- Maintains logs and records as requested.
- Observes safety and security procedures and determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in general maintenance, building maintenance, renovation or construction. Housing maintenance work experience is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge in the correct usage of tools, power tools, and equipment as related to general maintenance work.
- Ability to perform minor electrical and plumbing work.
- Must have the physical skills and endurance to move about campus and the buildings in order to fulfill daily maintenance tasks and activities.
- Self-motivated and shows initiative to start and complete tasks.
- Must be familiar with, and follow, safety requirements and precautions.
- Detail oriented with good troubleshooting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to interact positively with diverse populations and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
- Willing to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, or extended hours as needed.
- Ability to pass background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.