Housing General Labor
Grand Canyon University is seeking a part-time Housing General Laborer to join the Housing Maintenance team. This position, under general supervision, performs janitorial duties, and preventive, routine, and small-effort general maintenance in the campus housing facilities. Typically, is assigned to provide services to a specific building; will be assigned to other buildings as needed.
- Provide a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Paint walls, cabinets, closets, etc.
- Assist in repairing or replacing air filters, light bulbs, wall plates, light switch plates, doors and related hardware, window screens, dressers, trim and cove base, toilet stopper, toilet chain, sink pop ups and garbage disposals.
- Assist in projects involving the repair or replacement of floor coverings including tile, luxury vinyl planks, laminate, and carpeting.
- Assist in patching, painting and/or finishing various types of hard surfaces.
- Shuffle furniture around as needed
- Adhere to safety and security procedures and determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Hand tools, power tools, and equipment as related to general maintenance work.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Experience in janitorial/maintenance preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation.