Housing Crew Supervisor
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Crew Supervisor within the housing janitorial services area. The supervisor approves and reviews timesheets, overseeing job performance and quality, ensuring completion of work within timelines and daily inspection of work areas.
- Participate and assist in cleaning of offices and buildings according to GCU standards.
- Ability to provide knowledge and training around all janitorial products used.
- Ability to operate all cleaning equipment, e.g., power cleaners, floor polishing/cleaning machinery and ability to train team members.
- May assist with inventorying of supplies and equipment.
- Performs daily operational tasks of crew members when needed.
- Ensures all crew members follow OSHA guidelines for performing daily work; ensures all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized daily by all crew members.
- Makes personnel recommendations, such as hires, disciplinary actions, performance data, and terminations.
- Trains employees in specific methods and procedures to accomplish tasks and the proper operation of all equipment needed to perform tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work experience with at least one year in lead role.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively with team members and facilities management.
- Good verbal communication skills; ability to be clear and concise in providing information in relation to operation of any required equipment, safety regulations and best safety practices, priority deadlines, utilization of harsh/abrasive chemicals, work assignments/schedules; ensure information communicated is understood by all team members.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.