Head Coach - Men's Soccer
Grand Canyon University is searching for a Head Coach for Men's Soccer. The Head Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport and exercises direct supervision of recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sport. The Head Coach is fully responsible for compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations as well as Conference rules and University policies governing intercollegiate athletics.
Responsible for all aspects of the designated sports program. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide coaching in both a team and individual setting to improve sport specific skills.
- Creation of practice plans, assist in game preparation, advise on game strategy, and provide direct coaching and assistance during games.
- Lead and designate practice responsibilities to Assistant Coaches.
- Research and identify the latest trends and techniques in coaching and playing.
- Supervise, develop and mentor student-athletes and coaches/support staff.
- Responsible for the hiring of the sport staff
- Research, evaluate, contact and recruit players of high character, scholarship and athletic ability to compete for the designated sport program.
- Market the designated sports program to prospective recruits, community members, and club members both domestically and internationally.
- Travel extensively to evaluate talent and market the GCU designated sports program to potential recruits.
- Manage competition scheduling.
- Manage the planning, marketing and operation of sports camps.
- Ensures all aspects of the designated sports program complies with University standards and conference and national affiliation rules and regulations. Identifies potential risk and establishes criteria and plans for correction.
- Promotes good sportsmanship behavior and enforces discipline, establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards by members of the team.
- Participate actively in promotion of GCU athletics and campus events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or designee.
- May perform duties which require irregular hours, out of town and/or overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least one year of intercollegiate and/or elite level sport specific coaching and/or playing and training experience.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- CPR, First Aid and Coaches’ Safety Training certifications required.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to lawfully accept employment in the U.S.
- Proficiency with computers and MS suite of software applications.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience Head Coaching at a NCAA institution.
- Knowledge and understanding of Division 1 sport specific program and NCAA rules.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.