Guest Reception Associate
SUMMARY: Provides friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional stay experience for GCU hotel guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greet guests in a friendly manner
- Manage room inventory and determine rooms for incoming guests
- Manage check in/out procedures
- Assist guests with dining and activity recommendations
- Coordinate shuttle service for guests with attendance luggage
- Responsible for maintenance of cash bank
- Assist guests with general inquiries
- Provide as needed support to GCU Hotel departments and teammates to ensure an exceptional stay experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate passion for providing exceptional customer service through every guest interaction to create repeat guest visits.
- Demonstrates ability to go above and beyond to meet guest expectations.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Basic proficiency in computer usage and Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to learn the structure and function of hotel property.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Ability to follow all OSHA procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service/hospitality environment; prefer experience in hotel/resort front desk.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays; rotating schedule will apply.
- Must have work authorization documents for United States
- Must be able to write, read and speak English fluently.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following physical demands are estimated by the amount of time spent. Usually, the amount of time spent will be estimated on a daily basis, but depending on the position could be estimated on a weekly basis or a monthly basis.
Constantly: 60%+ or 5-8 hrs/shift Occasionally: 10%-25% or 1-2 hrs/shift
Frequently: 25%-60% or 4-5 hrs/shift Rarely: <10% or less than 2 hrs/shift
- Work is characterized as non-sedentary 100% of the time requiring incumbents to be on their feet.
- Work frequently requires standing and walking.
- Work occasionally requires lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Work requires frequent moving about hotel property.
- Work constantly requires the ability to communicate with staff and guests.
- Work constantly requires the ability to read, follow and observe safety precautions.
- Work constantly requires bending, stretching and pulling in the course and scope of the work
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.