Groundskeeper (Full Time)
WHY JOIN THE GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY TEAM AS A GOLF COURSE GROUNDSKEEPER?
- Amazing benefits such as Paid time off starting at 15 days of Paid Time off (PTO) and up to 40 hours of Personal Time (PT) plus 11½ paid holidays per year
- Earn your degree using our exceptional tuition benefit; also available to your qualifying dependents
- Be a part of a fun & fast paced environment
- Competitive pay
- Benefits that included access to medical, dental and vision coverage (Full Time)
Grand Canyon University’s Golf Operations is seeking a full time Greenskeeper. This position reports to the Golf Course Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and/or the golf course Foreman. The candidate should be proficient at most basic course duties including, but not limited to hand and machine raking of bunkers, mowing of greens, tees, fairways and roughs, operation of weed eaters, hedge trimmers, backpack blowers.
- Walk mowing of greens.
- Mows tees, fairways and roughs with ride on equipment.
- Hand and machine rake of bunkers
- Ensures that the equipment cooling system is working at all times; refilling fuel daily, cleans equipment after each use, and reports any equipment problems or failures to the Equipment Manager immediately.
- Provides basic preventative maintenance on equipment as directed by the Equipment Manager or his/her supervisor and returns the equipment to its designated location at the maintenance facility.
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of motorized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record..
- Performs all duties to Grand Canyon University Golf Course Maintenance standards.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.