Grand Canyon University Print Enterprise is looking for a large format graphics production specialist and sign installer to run our graphics & install department. The perfect candidate must have experience with graphic arts AND be able to install signs of all types (banners, privacy window graphics, large vinyl decals, wall murals, occasional vehicle graphics, prints with stand-off hardware, dimensional letters, post and panels, concrete bases/frames, etc.) indoor and outdoor.
The graphics production / sign installer will handle graphic projects from start to finish with our team. This includes printing, cutting, laminating, weeding graphics. Cleaning substrates, removing decals, exterior obstructions and reinstalling upon completion. Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-installation by accurately placing according to layouts and provided design templates. Running all machines (large format printer & laminator) and finishing off with a successful install and client sign off.
- Install signs of all types (interior / exterior)
- Achieves department goals of the installation plan, consistent with established procedures and safety guidelines.
- Pre-installation consulting, site surveys and graphics production.
- Operation and maintenance of roll-to-roll printers (Roland 54" Printer) & GBC laminator.
- Operation and maintenance of cut vinyl plotters.
- Graphics finishing (banners, vinyl decals, wall murals) and proper installation preparation.
- Large format materials inventory control and substrate ordering.
- Graphics removal - efficient and without damaging application surface.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated 3+ years’ experience of directly related installation experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be extremely professional in front of clients and present the company in a courteous and professional and timely manner.
- Must maintain a high level of product quality and craftsmanship.
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to operate light hand-tools and drills.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations.