Grand Canyon University Hotel Housekeeper (Full Time)
- Amazing benefits such as Paid time off starting at 15 days of Paid Time off (PTO) and up to 40 hours of Personal Time (PT) plus 11½ paid holidays per year
- Earn your degree using our exceptional tuition benefit; also available to your qualifying dependents
- Be a part of a fun & fast paced environment
- Benefits that included access to medical, dental and vision coverage (Full Time)
Grand Canyon University's Hotel is seeking full time Housekeeping Room attendants. Under the supervision of the Hotel Operations Manager, the Housekeeping Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all guest rooms and or other designated areas in accordance with GCU Hotel standards.
- Performs daily deep cleaning of guestrooms, storage areas and laundry areas as assigned.
- Obtains vacancy, arrivals and departures reports and special requests for rooms and adheres to them whenever possible.
- Checks for items that are not operable and/or in need of repair and reports such items to Operations Manager.
- Replenishes all supplies and amenities in guestrooms as required.
- Transports trash and waste to proper disposal area.
- Assists with monthly linen and supply inventory and laundry when requested.
- Follows lost and found procedures.
- Greets guests, responds effectively to guest concerns and requests. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Works closely with Front Desk in keeping room status reports up to date through notification of all check outs, late check outs, early check-ins, new reservations, room moves, special requests, stay overs and room availability.
- A minimum of one year experience in customer service or hospitality industry.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure room cleanliness standards are met.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Must be fluent in English, ability to read and write.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, which includes nights, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.