Graduate Assistant - Student Recreation Center
Grand Canyon University’s Student Recreation Center is seeking a part-time Graduate Assistant. The Graduate Assistant will work with management as well as student workers to ensure the facility is operating safely, efficiently and in a manner that best serves the general campus population.
The employee is required to be accepted and matriculate through a Grand Canyon University graduate program.
- Supervises Student Recreation Center occupants to ensure protocols are being followed.
- Works with current Student Recreation Center employees to uphold direction of the facility.
- Oversees student workers and fitness instructors to provide assistance whenever necessary.
- Confirms Student Recreation Center locations are available when reserved in accordance with scheduling.
- Ensures individuals entering the facility sign in at the front desk.
- Communicates with campus employees and students to ensure facility is accessible.
- Ensures accessibility for any tours, students or faculty seeking use of the facility.
- Must be available to work within the Rec Center's operating hours of 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Must be available to work at any one of five locations: Chaparral Dorm, 27th Avenue, Papago I, Papago II and Roadrunner Recreation Centers.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be accepted and enrolled in a Grand Canyon University graduate program.
- May only work 20 hours per week but must be willing to work
- Must be able to work in conjunction with current staff.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.