Graduate Assistant - Student Fitness Centers
Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona’s leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, interdenominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences and College of Fine Arts and Production.
The Grand Canyon University Student Fitness Center is accepting applications for Graduate Assistant positions. The Graduate Assistants will work with management as well as Student Workers to ensure the facility is operating safely, efficiently, and in a manner that best serves the general campus population.
The employee is required to be accepted and matriculate through a Grand Canyon University graduate program. The position offers a full master’s degree tuition waiver, $11.00 per hour and 1-2 year commitment.
- Supervise Student Fitness Center occupants to ensure protocols are being adhered to
- Work with current Student Fitness Center team members to uphold direction of the facility
- Oversee Student Workers and Fitness Instructors in providing assistance whenever necessary
- Confirm Student Fitness Center locations are made available when reserved in accordance with scheduling
- Ensure individuals entering the facility check in at the front desk.
- Communicate with GCU Professors, employees, and students to ensure facility is accessible.
- Supervise visitors and participants during campus event when applicable.
- Ensure accessibility to our facilities for any tours, coaches, students, or faculty when scheduled.
- Open and lock down the facilities daily during operating hours.
- Must be available to work late shift within the SFC’s operating hours of 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- This position consists of evening and possible weekend shifts with a maximum of 30 working hours.
- Must be available to work at any one of our three SFC locations: Juniper, Chaparral and Papago.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Accepted into a Grand Canyon University graduate program.
- Able to work in conjunction with current staff.
- Have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.