Graduate Assistant - Canyon Activity Center
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Graduate Assistant for the Canyon Activities Center. Under the supervision of the Canyon Activity Center Facility Manager and Director of Campus Recreation, the Graduate Assistant for the Canyon Activity Center (CAC) should help in administration of the day to day operations and supervision of the facility. This position will also help assist the planning and promoting of all Campus Recreation programs within the CAC, and help oversee the undergraduate student staff that works as operations staff of the CAC. This position will be required to work 20 hours per week.
- Proved assistance in supervising activities that take place in the CAC.
- Help in scheduling the CAC student workers.
- Provide supervision of the CAC Weight room.
- Help enforce policies and procedures with all users of the CAC.
- Help provide customer service to the different user groups of the CAC.
- Maintain Check in desk organization.
- Provide supervision and leadership with undergraduate CAC student workers
- Take inspection and inventory of CAC equipment to ensure that needs are being met and all equipment is safe and ready for use, and report any issues to the proper channels for follow up.
- Assist in marketing Campus Rec. programs that take place in the CAC, that may include helping with social media strategies and researching and implementing new marketing trends to help grow student involvement.
- Research new program ideas that could be implemented into CAC.
- Listen and respond to student participation feedback, questions or concerns.
- All other tasks assigned by Intramural Coordinator or Campus Recreation Director.
- Must be available to work 20 hours per week, time can vary depending on building needs. CAC is open 8am-11pm most days.
- Must be accepted and enrolled in GCU graduate program: MBA, MED, MS(leadership), MS(Organizational Leadership and Entrepreneurship)
- Undergraduate Degree in, Sports Marketing, Sports Management, Business Management or related field.
- Previous experience with Campus Recreation Department at a college/university level.
- Experience in coaching or volunteering for athletic facilities.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to lawfully accept employment in the U.S.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0.
- May only work 29 hours per week but must be willing to work, when necessary, beyond normal business hours, which often includes evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.