Graduate Assistant - Campus Recreation, Intramural Sports
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a part-time Graduate Assistant. Under the supervision of the Intramural Coordinator, the Graduate Assistant for Intramural Sports should help in administration of the day to day operations and supervision of the program. This position will be required to work 20 hours per week. Help assist the planning and promoting of all Intramural Sports programs, and help oversee the undergraduate student staff that works for the Intramural department.
- Provide assistance in planning and supervising intramural sports activities.
- Supervise Intramural activities that take place in the evenings and some weekends.
- Help in scheduling the intramural student workers and supervisors in their weekly game assignments.
- Provide supervision and leadership with undergraduate intramural student workers and supervisors.
- Take inspection and inventory of Intramural equipment to ensure that needs are being met and all equipment is safe and ready for use, and report any issues to the Intramural Coordinator for follow up.
- Assist in marketing intramural programs that may include helping with social media strategies and researching and implementing new marketing trends to help grow student involvement.
- Research new program ideas that could be implemented into intramural sports.
- Listen and respond to student participation feedback, questions or concerns.
- All other tasks assigned by Intramural Coordinator or Campus Recreation Director.
- Must be accepted and enrolled into graduate program: MBA, MED, MS(Leadership) or MS(Organizational Leadership and Entrepreneurship).
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0.
- Knowledge of operation procedures of recreational facilities.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to lawfully accept employment in the U.S.
- Work during normal business hours, maximum of 20 hours per week
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.